Carbon Monoxide News & Information

Young Couple Sickened, Killed by Carbon Monoxide

A young couple from Washington Township, Ohio has died following an accident involving carbon monoxide. Police say the couple was last seen feeding their cows in their yard. When they failed to show up to work the next morning, police conducted a wellness check at their home. Fumes from the carbon monoxide were so overwhelming that authorities had to air out the home before proceeding with their investigation. When they were able to enter, they found the bodies of the young couple and their dog.

No foul play is suspected, as police determined that carbon monoxide levels were at 4000 parts per million when they entered the home. Friends say the couple had recently installed a new coal burner. It appears that it may have malfunctioned, leaking dangerous carbon monoxide into the home.

The Silent Killer

Carbon monoxide is odorless, colorless and tasteless, making it invisible to the human senses. That’s why it’s often referred to as a silent killer. Though the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can indicate a problem, the nausea, dizziness and drowsiness associated with the gas can often be mistaken for the common cold or flu.

Experts say the best way to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning is to install detectors throughout your home and regularly change the batteries. Avoid running gasoline powered appliances indoors, and if you must, open a window when doing so. If you believe you are experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning, going outside for some fresh air can provide relief.

Do You Know Your Legal Rights? – Contact Richard Serpe

Contact UsImmediate investigation often makes the difference between winning and losing a carbon monoxide poisoning case. If you or a loved one have been harmed by carbon monoxide poisoning because someone else was negligent contact us to discuss your situation 877-544-5323.

 

Visit our Virginia carbon monoxide poisoning blog: www.VirginiaCarbonMonoxideLawyer.com